Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Extremely simple living room

fandiwhuang
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
fandiwhuang polycounter lvl 9
decided to make a very simple scene in UE4 in my spare time... since i dont have a lot nowdays :(

its basically just a scene where i can just make some simple stuff and put them together.
not much planning i did in this project.

i realised the doors are maybe a bit too big but when i try to make it smaller it just felt awkward in 1st person so yeah not sure with that.

C&C are veryy welcome !!! :smile:

and also
the framed posters on the wall .. i took them from google  ...They were from Artist James Montgomery Flagg(1917) and N.C. Wyeth (1942)

Replies

• fandiwhuang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here are also some models and substance mat i used in this project

• Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beard3D Bandit polycounter lvl 7
    I like your modeling and texturing :D and it's a nice environment

I just want to know something, that back wall on image 2, are they vertical planks of wood with light passing through? Or is it wallpaper trolling me? I only ask because it confuses me how that wall would have been constructed, and it would at least have a wooden frame to support it.

IDK I nitpick on little stupid thing haha. Nice lighting too!

• fandiwhuang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like your modeling and texturing :D and it's a nice environment

I just want to know something, that back wall on image 2, are they vertical planks of wood with light passing through? Or is it wallpaper trolling me? I only ask because it confuses me how that wall would have been constructed, and it would at least have a wooden frame to support it.

IDK I nitpick on little stupid thing haha. Nice lighting too!

thank you !! :)
    it was meant to be a painted wood :lol ...

• Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beard3D Bandit polycounter lvl 7
    Oh! It's strange how it's making it look like the planks of wood are spaced, letting light through. It's probably just the way im perceiving the lighting or something.
  • Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    No, I noticed that about the wall too. That's pretty much the only thing that caught my eye -- this looks great! I love the mood/atmosphere.

The one other thing I noticed is in the last image with the bookshelves and grandfather clock. If those are floorboards on the ground, they look quite large and out of proportion. I'm not sure if that's what they are though. Other than those two small things, this looks awesome!