Home Technical Talk

Zbrush-Multiple Viewports

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
pmiller001 greentooth
I was wondering if anyone has seen of any multiple view port plugins for Zbrush?
Viewports like in any other modeling package. 
I found this plugin on zbrushtuts.com, I'm installing it as we speak. So this may actually be what I'm looking for. I'm still wondering if anyone has seen an alternative though. 

Replies

• Jeckari
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeckari polycounter lvl 11
    I haven't seen anything like you're mentioning that provides multiple live viewports, but definitely take advantage of the character sheet functionality in ZBrush. It's in a weird place, under ZAppLink, but it lets you have stored camera angles, and can export them all at once to a single image file. 

http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/zbrush-plugins/zapplink/ (Scroll down to the section labelled "Creating a Character Strip")

It's pretty valuable for generating consistent proofs, so I can evaluate changes to a mesh. 
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Zbrush doesn't have a 'viewport' like a traditional 3d package as it's not a true 3d world space. It's a 2.5d canvas/document environment. When you zoom in/out you're not really zooming but scaling.
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    @Jeckari
    Wow I had no clue I could do that in Zbrush.

@MUSASHIDAN
    Thanks for the explanation. I didnt know that before. 
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    The closest I've seen is the Alt Doc View:

It's a duplicate instance of the document which you can 2d-zoom independently. Otherwise, the model will pan and scale the exact same on both views for the very reason that musashidan pointed out. 
  • TantXMist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid said:
    The closest I've seen is the Alt Doc View:

It's a duplicate instance of the document which you can 2d-zoom independently. Otherwise, the model will pan and scale the exact same on both views for the very reason that musashidan pointed out. 
    Thanks a lot for your shared, but when I just searched [Alt Doc View] in Google , it seems not enough information about this keyword. 
    Could you share more keywords about this? So appreciate for that.