Home Adobe Substance

Is there a way to "convert/import" Quixel Materials to Substance?

Hi!
As the title suggests... I've been using Quixel for more than a year and while I really like the software, I feel that Substance Painter/Designer have features that will really improve my workflow, so I'm moving to (mostly) Substance Painter and getting the hang of it.

However some of the materials in the Suite 2.0 look and render really great (especially the new leather) and I was wondering if there is a way to translate them to Painter, maybe as bitmap based materials or something like that.
If I'm not mistaken the included materials are similar to what will be offered with Megascan and I understand Megascan is meant for a wide audience, not just Quixel users, so... maybe the current materials can already be used inside Painter.

Does my request make any sense?
I'm not too technical, but I figured... it's all PBR.

Well, thanks for any pointers!
Sil

Replies

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    You can easily export materials from Quixel Suite into regular bitmaps that can then be used in Painter:

Create a new project with any mesh in Ddo, set the project resolution to 1024 as I think it's the size of most scans shipped with the software.
    Add a Height channel to the project if it's not there already (small arrow top right corner of the Ddo UI > Add new Map).
    Create a new material in Ddo with the material you want to use in Painter and use the Quixel exporter with the Disney GGX setting to export the maps.

Then in Painter, import the exported textures in the shelf, select any existing material and replace its channels with your textures in the Properties window. Right click anywhere in this same window to save this new material permanently to your shelf.

Done :)

• Aeon Soul
    Fantastic news, thanks for the explanation, I'll try it first thing in the morning!

Thanks again!
  • goatSQVIDD
    Offline / Send Message
    goatSQVIDD polygon
    Where is the Disney GGX exporter? It' sno in the list:( Is there an alternative? Cheers