Home General Discussion

Uh, any US folks buying Powerball tickets?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ambelamba polycounter lvl 6
 Yes, I am SO mathematically challenged.  :D

The reason why I am so thrilled is that the husband to one of my cousins is a fairly capable investment broker. He once made a eight-figure commission out of some startup investment deal. But he did have a moment of defeat here and there, though.

Eh, BTW I wonder what would happen if I toss in a few million bucks to Blender Foundation and beg them to make Blender behave like Modo. XD

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'm planning to pick up a ticket today. I've always said I'd find something, to keep me busy, if I won a lottery. One of my thoughts was to find some entry into the gaming industry... either a small gaming company, or one of my other gaming business ideas
  • ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    I subscribe to the philosophy that the lottery is a tax for being bad at math :) Good luck though :D
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    I'm with IronBelly, I typical associate it with as an idiot tax but everyone once in a while I do just because the 1 dollar I spend gave me a weeks worth of what I would do with it
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    The Powerball is drawn every couple days, so not much time for fantasies. I'm pretty confident that I won't win, but I subscribe to the "can't win if you don't enter". The odds are better, once you own a ticket
    Not to mention, there are other possible payouts, if you get most of the numbers
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I once won 13 dollars from a lottery draw. I bought a really fancy milkshake. Good times.
  • RaptorCWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RaptorCWS polycounter lvl 11
    i normally dont buy powerball tickets, but when the risk is so little for such a large payout i wont miss those 2 dollars in the long run.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Things that are infinitely more likely to happen to you than winning lottery;
    Getting hit by a car.
    Getting hit by lightning.
    Being murdered.
    Being eaten by a shark.
    Being eaten by a bear.
    Being eaten by a bear inside your own home.

In order to believe that I had any possibility of winning, I would also be deeply concerned about the possibility of being struck by lightning while a shark is mauling me on top of a car.