Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Anthony Garcellano

Replies

• garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    I don't know if I'll have this on my portfolio, but these are stuff I did for a small AR game, sometime after the summer last year. It was for a freelance client, and I wanted to work on something AR-related around that time. This was from a small team in Bellevue, that's like on the east side of Seattle. This was for a party AR game for kids. The game's not out yet, but from the last time I heard from the client, they're in a QA phase, fixing bugs, and it's a good state, and I believe it'll be released soon on mobile.

Most of the assets were existing assets where I had to polish and modify them, but there were a few things that I made. Since it'll be on mobile, most of what I made were fairly simple.

The animal faces were based off of the sketches or concepts that one of the members in the team made.

I made the pinatas and the animal faces. The presents were from a Unity package. I ended up animated them, along with the other models.

Similar to the presents, these were from an asset pack, and I polished the textures, and changed them to match the game's color palette.

Made a bunch of balloons. I don't know if all of these will make the cut, but gave them a bunch of choose from.
     Animation of a pinata falling. They're the same for the other pinatas.

A pinata getting hit. Or the player tapping on the screen, to hit the pinata.

THESE were my FAVORITE. So the models were from an asset pack, and I made a set of 3 snacks or desserts hitting the screen. I painted over the sets and gave it some splats around it.

These were animations of them hitting the screen. There's a quick frame where I had models of them going to the screen, and then switching them with the paint overs I made, that were in planes/cards. I thought this might be a good work around, and the client seems to be fine with it. I'm crossing my fingers that it won't be as noticeable on a screen, or if this fits with the cartoony feel of the game.

• garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth

Polished some models I made when I was working on military training simulations at Adayana, now Vertex Solutions.
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth

Re-textured the dessert splashes and the pinatas. I wanted to showcase the splashes, but didn't want to leave out any of the textures from the asset pack that I was given, for the freelance gig, so I completely painted over them. The models that were being thrown, at the very beginning, are still from the asset pack.
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth

Working on a hexagon tile in Substance Designer.
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth

Wanted to bring this back up. I worked on this last year (2017) around April. This was just a quick study. 

Wrapped this up recently.
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    So, I went on a substance material spree last May. Middle Eastern-like patterns, wood tree bark, and a rock cliff. I was slowly working on SpeedTree. I've been getting caught up with some freelance stuff. Haven't used this sketchbook in a while, so I thought I'd place these all in here.
    mat