Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

What part from my short film should I put in my demo reel?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Blond polycounter lvl 9
Here's a short film I worked on as the animator and thie rigger for a class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgFgrQQlwE8

Sadly, since it was a production we had to do with other homework, it's not finished since last shot was completely butched and quickly done to ship it in time (the one where's he petting the bear).

However, I was curious to know which shot you like the most in terms of animation that could be interesting to put in a reel? By the way, do you think I should just play blast the shot and omit the snow storm for better visibility or put it as it is in my reel?

Replies

• k`vin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    k`vin polycounter lvl 5
    Hi, Nice short. I like the shot when the boy looks to his stick before petting the bear. I think you should keep it as it is in the short film.
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    I liked the injured walk at 0:22 and the scene that K'VIN said and maybe add a little bit of the next scene touching the bear :) good job on the short!
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Very nice short film! If it was me I would take 0:29~0:35 + 0:45~0:52 + 1:05~1:10... for a total around ~15 sec. short enough for reel, and still captures the whole story and enough time each cut to appreciate the animation. Use the full render, the FX doesn't detract at all from the animation; people like to see final renders.