Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Wasteland Submarine scene

Stavaas
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Stavaas polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys,
I decided to give myself something to work on for the holidays. I've never made an exterior environment before, and I'm a huge fan of Mad Max: Fury Road and the Mad Max game, so I wanted to try and do something along those lines.

This is what I've got so far, and the submarine is just a quick blockout for now without any material. I'm unsure about the placement and shape of the submarine, and everything else really! My aim is to make this look like the Mad Max game when I'm done.
As always, C&C is very welcome!

Replies

• Cay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay polycounter lvl 5
    Hey, I think the idea is pretty cool!
    I've been thinking about that as well some time ago.
    If you are going for the same color scheme and all.. I'd get rid of some of the oranges and go for a more yellowish sand. I also believe they have some kind of color grading on top that makes the shadows petrol (the color).
  • Stavaas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stavaas polycounter lvl 3
    @Cay
    Thanks for your comment mate! I see what you mean about the oranges, gonna have to tweak the colors a lot more! 

Gonna have to tweak the sky color a lot as well to break away from all the orange hues in the scene. Adding some dead foliage will probably help break up the colors as well.