Home Unity

PBR Transparency

snake85027
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
I am using the PBR method, using the Standard shader within Unity. Within my Albedo tga textures Alpha channel I defined where I want the transparency to be.  So within unity I am using the Standard shader. What Rendering mode should I use to get this transparency to work. I tried transparency but that made my entire model transparent. Is there something within the texture in unity that I should have on...like alpha is Transparent?

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    I am using the PBR method, using the Standard shader within Unity. Within my Albedo tga textures Alpha channel I defined where I want the transparency to be.  So within unity I am using the Standard shader. What Rendering mode should I use to get this transparency to work. I tried transparency but that made my entire model transparent. Is there something within the texture in unity that I should have on...like alpha is Transparent?
    If parts of your mesh contain opaque geometry then you should either use the cutout rendering mode or split up your transparent and opaque elements to run on separate materials
  • echofourpapa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    echofourpapa polycounter lvl 4
    I recently discovered in Unity that if you're metallic value it turned up you can't get transparency.  I guess there's no transparent metals.  Something to be mindful of.  Cutout works, but transparent and fade modes do not.