Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Issue with edge masking

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
huffer interpolator
Hello, I'm having a bit of a trouble, when I try to use one of the masks for edge wear in 2.0, there are some issues on rounded objects, that were never there in 1.8.

Here's what I'm talking about:

I can't find a good preset that gives me straight edge wear (straight running along the low poly edges)...and I can't pinpoint what the issue could be. I made sure to modify my normal map and AO so the baked edges are perfectly straight to begin with, and indeed, in 1.8 everything works as expected, but in 2.0 I keep getting these rounded things ..looks like a weird projection issue. I tried only importing normal and AO, but the issue is still there...could it be because of the 3do-generated curvature map?

EDIT
Nevermind, it was because bake in 3do was on for the curvature, it has to be on the default setting (generated from normal).

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    For future reference (Anyone Googling this problem, for example. Hi there! :smiley: ) loading a normal map and not checking Bake in 3DO will create curvature information from the normal map. If Bake in 3DO is checked, the model's curvature information will be added to the normal map's curvature. Baking in 3DO is only necessary for low-poly models that weren't given a high-poly normal bake. :smile: 

Glad to see you got it figured out!