Home Technical Talk

strange ZBrush BPR problem

weee
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
weee polycounter lvl 3
firstly, I can't render out SSS pass no matter what settings I use (normal material not matcap and everything about sss in render properties are turned on), it just wouldn't render SSS pass (other passes are fine).

secondly, the BPR renderer behaves rather strangely, when I click it once, it renders out (with no SSS pass though), and then without doing anything I click it a second time immediately after the first render, the renderer somehow renders a basic render without any shadows or AO (but still has shade and mask pass)

I've never used Zbrush BPR extensively before until today and it has been bugging me ever since, I've tried a very basic scene, it rendered out SSS just fine, and then I moved onto my files (different files from different projects), it'll have these strange problems.

Replies

• weee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weee polycounter lvl 3
    after some digging around, I found that the rays and angle in BPR shadow panel might be the culprit, I still don't know why and how, but after changing these settings, BPR started to freak out a bit that it skips some pass every second rendering.

ps. one more note, it seems SSS pass and shadow pass are exclusive to each other, and I reckon that's where the problem sits but why is that??

• Nasimm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hello,

I have a question for BPR, I already turned on BPR to get transparency but still have a problem seeing an imported picture behind the project:((

Is there any other way to get Transparency, I also couldn't find the Transparency slider under the tool some people recommended.