Home Technical Talk

HD 7970 are you using this, asking this to get all the bug infos

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
kolayamit polycounter lvl 13
Hi,
 Are you guys using HD7970, do you have any issues while running 3d apps or games, what drivers are you using. I am making this thread because i am having some issues with the card, just want to know if others are having this as well. Making one last try before making the switch. Issues i am having are :

a. In Maya(2015 with latest service pack) cannot drag select any objects in viewport, can only select in outliner
b. cannot use chrome browser to view youtube videos, weird display issues occur like horzontal and vertical lines/display banding etc.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you updated the graphics driver? What kind of computer? What operating system? Which motherboard? What monitor, and resolution? Custom build? Overclocked? 
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    When I used to own a Radeon half of the driver's wouldn't cooperate with Maya, have you tried rolling back to some legacy drivers, I might start with the oldest supporting the HD7970 and move along from there.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you updated the graphics driver? What kind of computer? What operating system? Which motherboard? What monitor, and resolution? Custom build? Overclocked? 
    Yes i updated to the latest drivers, config : AMD 8350, ASUS HD7970, 16gb am, ASUS M5A99X-EVO, Dell 22" monitor, windows 10, custom build not oveclocked.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples said:
    When I used to own a Radeon half of the driver's wouldn't cooperate with Maya, have you tried rolling back to some legacy drivers, I might start with the oldest supporting the HD7970 and move along from there.
    I will install the catalyst drivers now lesson learned be careful updating drivers. The new crimson drivers are causing issues in maya and display artifacts.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just installed the last catalyst drivers(amd-catalyst-15.11.1beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-nov14) and maya issue is gone. But the display artifact is still there lot less but it's there. I have no option but to reformat. AMD is losing because of it's bad untested drivers :worried: 
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did a clean install of Windows 10, installed the old catalyst drivers. Now the display artifacts is so much that i have to restart my PC, the crimson drivers may have damaged the card. I am in trouble now, don't know what to do the card is out of warranty.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I changed the monitor refresh rate to 59 hz from 60hz, no artifacts until now seems to be working fine. Will test for few days and report back. Hope this helps someone :smile: 
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    got the artifacts again, this time i turned off wait for vertical sync, and now i think i have fixed it, been using the pc for 3 hours :smile: 
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    got artifacts again while using chrome browser, switched to firefox. Working fine now.