Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: nDO Painter Mode

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
At what versions of Photoshop is the nDO Painter Mode available?  It's a mode I am drooling over and I have a feeling I'll have to upgrade my version of Photoshop to warrant the feature.  I'm currently using v11.02 and it's gotten me this far.  CS4 is where I stand at the moment.  I don't have access to Multi-Normals either but I knew that already.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    NDO functions with CS3 and up, but multi-normals (which include NDO Painter) function from CS6 and up. :smile:
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I may have found another bug.  I'm using the Photoshop CC trial and trying to use the brush tool under Brush mode.  I even tried to close down the file and thinking a re-boot might fix the issue.  It did not.  I had to start a new file, I didn't have much done anyway.  Or I may have accidentally hit a button in Photoshop to cause the brushes not to appear but the History window reads it as it's been used.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I'm not sure what the issue is that you're reporting, Acealmighty - could you please clarify for me so I understand? :smile: 
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia said:
    I'm not sure what the issue is that you're reporting, Acealmighty - could you please clarify for me so I understand? :smile: 
    That particular error was based off the operator.  XD Ha ha!  The color that was being displayed was the color used for normals.  The brush color when applied to the mesh in 3DO, is also the same color.  Go figure, I wouldn't see anything.  Ha ha!  Anyway, I do have a new one that might need looking at.

Yesterday, I was able to use Quixel Suite 2.0 pretty well.  I had a mesh with a 1024x1024 UV shell.  Everything worked as it should.  The only thing I had in the dDO project was the mesh and a Material ID.  I wanted to play with nDO Painter and create my normals that way.  Worked fine.

This morning, I start a new file with the same mesh but I upped the shell to 2048x2048.  Rendered out a new Material ID at the same pixel ratio.  As it's loading, this window pops up....

The pixel ratio was the only thing I changed from last night to this morning.  Loaded only the Material ID and the OBJ file.  I had all three maps to bake.  Unity 5 as my choice game engine.  Let me know if there's anything else you may need to know about that I may have forgotten to provide in this post.

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    PEBKAC is the term you're looking for! :wink: However, the issue you've reported just now would be very useful to re-post on our Quixel Live Support group - this appears to be a 3DO issue. When you post there (or if you don't use Facebook, I can do it for you as well) please tag Sameer there. He'll take a look at it and will ask for any additional information required to fix this issue. :smile: 
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I sent an invite to the group.  Let's hope I get accepted. ;-)