Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anatomy critique/help with clothing

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
FuzzyOwl polycounter lvl 3
Hello Polycount people, 
Im in need of some help with a couple of parts of my model I am currently working on. Firstly any critique of the anatomy would be appreciated, anything that looks out of place or could use some work, secondly I am in need of some help regarding sculpting in pockets/zippers. I have modeled the general shape of some army combats, focusing on the weight and creasing however I realized I hadn't placed in a front zipper or any pockets and was wondering if these are normally blocked out within the model itself or if I should do them separately to the block out of the trousers themselves?

Also does anyone have a decent work through for laces or should I use splines?

Any help would be super appreciated!

Replies

• hreazee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hreazee polycounter lvl 9
    hello
    his sternocleidomastoid (neck muscle) seems to buldge out quite far, I suggest using pulling that down a little. his wrist needs a little more definition, it might help if you relax his fingers a little more to give it a more dynamic feel. the top back also need a little definition in my opinion

as for his pants, i cant really tell what type fabric it is at the moment,  I suggest gathering more references on it and try to imitate the main folds. the majority of it would have sharper edges and corners, specially under the butt, back knee, front knee and the hem. diamond shaped folds works better for this one.

to create the pockets, I would probably grab a box > poly mesh 3d> sculpt the pocket, including its flap over it> create insert mesh> dynamesh to connect it the pants > zremesh. make sure you do this to a duplicate as you are able to project it to the original or just store a morph target. better you do this now while you are still in the early stages.

with the zipper i would create a linkable mesh and use zbrush curve function to create a strand off it, kinda like a rope. this tutorial goes about it in detail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rLugNbZnj4 

hope i helped :)