Home Quixel Megascans

Quixel Suite 2 is OUT NOW! (Current version: 2.3.2)

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Our primary community is on Facebook right now, yes. :) If you'd like to participate, you're welcome to create an account specifically to conversate with the community. Our secondary forum is right here, and we have a presence on Reddit at /r/Quixel as well.

SUITE doesn't update by itself - you have to click the update button to do so. You can open the SUITE toolbar's menu and find the launcher within.

My last answer regarding export targets in your earlier thread has not changed. I'm unaware of any plans for Keyshot export targets - you could try using an export preset such as Specular PBR to see if that works with it.
  • badmouse
    Offline / Send Message
    badmouse polycounter lvl 8
    Anybody having the problem of Convert a map from Normal to AO or Cavity? the conversion process stop in the middle of AO conversion :(
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Try running Photoshop as an administrator to see if that fixes it. :)
  • versan
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    Would be nice to update links in first post ;)
  • Picos
    Offline / Send Message
    Picos null
    Hello, i'm using the trial at the moment, texturing a simple asset. There's just so many crashes, and photoshop errors, i don't know where to begin. it's very unfortunate because i'm recommending my studio to buy it. Is there a general guide or setup as to which version of psd works with wich os and general things that can be set up within the video card, etc? i haven't been able to work for a straight hour without it crashing and sometimes even freezes the whole system.
    appreciate your help.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Please send an e-mail to support@quixel.se with any supporting documentation you can provide to help us troubleshoot this, especially video! We'll see what we can do about it ASAP!
  • StevenTB
    Offline / Send Message
    StevenTB polycounter lvl 7
    Hey guys. Just booted up after a long absence, and the quixel updater would not work. So I decided to just download a fresh copy, uninstalled quixel, hit the website AND the download links don't work. Some sort of Norton Connectsafe blocking is going on. From a little research it might be in my flats router.

Are there any alternative download locations that I can use?
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    None that I'm currently aware of. The best solution here would be to disable AV before trying to grab the tool.
  • bac9-flcl
    Offline / Send Message
    bac9-flcl polycounter lvl 10
    Is Studio software supporting noise based masking without flushing that noise onto the final output height/normals yet?

I briefly tried it a year ago and back then it was almost completely useless for map compositing because noise-based layer masking introduced enormous hills and valleys into the output height maps and normal maps. I'd like to mix several types of concrete or make a 1x1m shot tile over 4x4m canvas using rotated/mirrored/offset duplicates and so on - those cases require a good multi-octave noise masking of layers (which you do have) but they absolutely do not ask for heavy displacement of the output heightmap with same noise.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You should be able to do this!

Please note that this thread is about Suite 2, not Megascans. There's no problem creating a new thread to discuss a specific topic. :)
  • bac9-flcl
    Offline / Send Message
    bac9-flcl polycounter lvl 10
    Ah sorry, I was under impression Megascans software fell under the Suite umbrella. Glad this was implemented! One last thing: can you tell me where release changelogs for Suite are posted? Having a bit of trouble finding what changed since I last opened it.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    They're not "posted" so much as they are listed in the Suite updater. You'll see it whenever you launch it via the Suite toolbar menu. :)
This discussion has been closed.