Home Contests & Challenges Archives Team Fortress 2

Help with can paint and jigglebone export/import

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
JoanSantus polycounter lvl 7
Hello guys,

This is my first time posting in this thread and my first time creating an item for TF2. 
I'm having 2 problems right now.
The first one, I created 2 textures, one for red and one for blue team, and created an alpha channel with white on the parts I want to paint. Once I import it using the itemtest and try it out, the whole hat gets painted. In the item test I specificed the blue and red files and picked the option to allow them to be painted. Is there something I should change or something I'm missing? 

My second problem and biggest one are the jigglebones. I skinned the hat inside maya and used Mesa to export it at .smd. I also added the jiggle bone code in the .QC Once I try to use the GUIStudioMDL and compile it I get an error when opening it that gameinfo.txt can't be find. I then try to compile with the orange box option selected using TF2 path and I get this message:

writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\models/C:/Users/Joan/Documents/TrabajosExtras/JonTF2Hat/soldier/Hat/YukonHatTests/YukonHat.mdl:
Error opening C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\models/C:/Users/Joan/Documents/TrabajosExtras/JonTF2Hat/soldier/Hat/YukonHatTests/YukonHat.mdl! (Check for write enable)

I'm really confused on what to do to fix that. I might be getting very frustrated and not thinking straight and probably is a dumb step or something I'm missing. 

I will greatly appreciate if someone could help me here.

Thank you very much for reading! Sorry for the long post.

Replies

• JoanSantus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoanSantus polycounter lvl 7
    I was able to make the paint can work! 
    I haven't been able to do the jiggblebone correctly yet.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Why don't you compile inside TF2?

There is a spot at the bottom middle of the import tool for qc file to be editted. (qc is specific to selected class (ie: if it's an all class hat, and you put jiggle info in the scouts qc, it does NOT carry over to the heavies qc like the textures do).

Also, when you test item in item test map use the console command 
    cl_jiggle... set the framerate to 1 so the jiggle bones don't stop working because of framerate.