PeterK greentooth
  • Body is required.
Title

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    I want patrons who are interested in learning about 3d art from pros to sign up

Well litnin' you aint short on confidence,... I'll give you that.
    :)
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Kanga, I'm not sure I understand the remark. I run a studio with artists who have worked in the industry for over 10 years and have a string of AAA titles to their names; That's not considered a professional artist?
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    I think it's a solid idea Peter, anything that contributes to de-mystifying the game's industry is always good in my books. The game is looking pretty solid as well, so I'm sure you'll attract more than enough people interesting in learning. 

Keep us posted :)
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Ah you didnt mention you were promoting a studio. Anyhow I guess you missed the smiley. No offense intended.
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Thanks Jason, I appreciate it. I hope to do a lot of fun art for the project.  I always figured that the best way to learn was to "do". I get a lot of email from students around various schools looking for guidance, and I think this is a way for me to give them some long term direction as opposed to a quick paragraph via email.

Kanga, no worries mate.
  • Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Interesting idea, however, as someone who would mainly be interested in the mentorship-part it feels ubiquitous to contribute to a company rather than an specific artist that I have previous knowledge of. I don't doubt that you have talented artists but it would instill more confidence if there were some info about the artists work so that it would be easier to get an idea about how they could help me improve. I mean, when you are contributing to similar mentorship-paterons like Josh Singh or Katia Bourykina you know from the get go about who they are and what kind of art they do. It also appears like you are stretching yourselves a bit thin with the massive amount of material you are offering patrons (and in unlimited numbers to boot) so I wonder how much personal involvement you really can expect?

• PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Body is required