Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Character Sculpt - Super Girl - Need help and Critique

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
jwills polycounter lvl 8
Hi guys,

Thank you for taking a look at my thread, hopefully you guys will be able to CC the hell out of my work :)

So this is going to be my first character, im still quite new to zbrush and im always a bit hesitant to post my work up here because it never that great, but it has to be done! 

My character is going to be my version of supergirl roughly based on this comic drawing...

Since the character is reasonably muscular but still pretty slender I chose physique models as my reference and i came up with a reference board to base my muscle sculpting on...

So this is my progress so far.. still loads of work to do but im trying to get the underlying muscle down and the correct placement... the calf's don't look right to me nor the hip area... any help is much appreciated ... i really need it :D

Replies

• jwills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jwills polycounter lvl 8
    Hi Guys, Progress Photo two!

Made a few changes to the body, thinned hips to make more feminine as well as thinning the legs as i felt they were a bit too bulky for her.

Also did a bit of work on her face which ill upload a close up when I do a bit more.

Also started working on the clothing... having a fair bit of trouble with the boots, cant seem to quite get them right

Any crit or suggestions feel free to let me know :) Any feedback is much appreciated 
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Think you went in the wrong direction, if you want to make her more feminine then you should have made the hips wider and made her torso smaller (mostly in width). 

She looks very awkward right now because her torso is extremely wide and her limbs are all very thin.

Stereotypical 'feminine' proportions are narrow shoulders, narrower waist, wide hips. What you end up with is an hourglass-type figure.
  • YellowYeti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YellowYeti vertex
    I agree with that atticusmars said, right now she has a very masculine body figure, but doing what he said by widening the hips and making the torso smaller could fix it, and i would also say i feel her trapezius muscles are a little too pronounced (but that could just be my personal preference.)
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I agree that your anatomy looks very masculine.  I would take a step back and keep working on ur anatomy before you start on the clothes.
  • jwills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jwills polycounter lvl 8
    @AtticusMars @YellowYeti @slosh
    Thank you guys for getting back to me , and giving some feedback. Really appreciate it :)

So i got rid of the clothes and made the changes to the body.
    Widened hips and narrowed shoulders and brought the traps down, also added a bit of size to the arms to make less twiggy 

Hope this is better, a little closer in to the torso as this seems to be the problem area