Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for artists for a WW2 themed multiplayer shooter.

Hello, I'm a game developer with no previous experience on game development but I have coding and designing multiplayer maps experience, I am working on a WW2 multiplayer shooter inspired by late 90s-early 2000s WW2 games such as Day of Defeat, Call of Duty (1 and 2), Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

I am developing the game in Unreal Engine 4, but knowledge of the game engine is not required at all (but welcome for beta testing and stuff like that).

I am currently looking for one or two 3d artists to help me modelling a lot of stuff, for now mostly architectural elements (such as street lamps), military elements/weapons (such as military sandbags and weapons), soldier models and animations (for weapons and characters only for now).

People interested in architectural work are welcome but mind you that the rules on the architecture are extremely strict (as they involve precisely designed paths for the game flow and the theme has to fit the level context (if we are in a destroyed french village, you must design a french destroyed apartment, with 30s-40s furniture, ecc, we can't have a VIctorian villa) and the color palette of the level which has its own rules (you must be able to clearly see the contrast between players and enviroment).

A third artist that would be welcome would be a 2D artist as I need to design the UI, Menus and loading screens.

Since Unreal Engine uses PBR and I'm quite good at texturing and creating Unreal materials I will take care of the texturing myself, but if you want to do that yourself there is obviously no problem.

I am listing this work as unpaid because despite my huge progress I still am realistically honest about the game never landing the shelfs and steam so I am listing this project as unpaid. I have a plan on landing on kickstarter or directly on steam depending on game development progress, but for now I am still missing lots of features (multiplayer system, chat system and some game mechanics). So I propose you an unpaid work that might become a paid work collaboration.
In case the game will not be released commercially you will be able to sell your models and materials for another company/employee/model store, ecc and in any case you will be able to use the models for your portfolio. In case the game ends up on shelfs your contribution will be paid accordingly to industry standards and average.
In case the game won't be released I will texture all of your assets for free, both for my portfolio and personal learning experience. You will be able to sell the models complete with my textures, but you won't be allowed to sell the materials and textures alone and I will require credits for the texturing part, but no share nor money.

I do not require deep knowledge of modeling and animation as I treat myself as an amateur working on getting better. So even newbie modelers/animators are more then welcome.
What I do require is patience, willing to learn, ability to take criticism in a constructive way (both on a technical and conceptual level), ability to deliver requested models on schedules (which are obviously long since this is a "hobby job" so there won't be any kind of pressure if you fail schedules, but I do require transparency, e.g. "sorry I have no time lately", "sorry I'm not much inspired for now", "I think I want to drop from the project", this is all okay). I also require a friendly attitude so no "hey, when I'm going to get paid? how long till we hit kickstarter?", ecc, which are absolutely legit questions and I'm trying to be as honest as possible when collaborating (otherwise I would've simply posted in the royalty section). If we don't make a game, atleast let's hope that we can form a nice relationship (on human and working level) that could translate in future projects, collaborations or recommendations in case we land up in some company with open positions

For the moment the team is composed by me (I'm doing anything from modelling to texturing to coding main features and designing gameplay), my brother (which is a composer now trying to switch to sound design and sound effects) and a friend of mine who's taking care of setting up a website.

As I told you, I'm quite a honest person and love honesty in any of my potential collaborators. The prospective of making some good money is tiny but existent but don't rely on it and treat it as a "personal portfolio-model reselling-learning project".

To contact me
-facebook: Enrico Polanski on facebook 
-mail: enricopolanski@gmail.com
-IRC: Aquazi on #3dsmax (EFNODE server), Aquazi on #cgtalk, #unrealengine (Freenode server)

Wish you all a nice day, Enrico