Home Career & Education

Did you really think no one would notice?

Replies

• skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Why do people do this, they may get the job but it would never last 
  • 2dartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2dartist polycounter lvl 3
  • ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    I suppose the saddest part about stolen work, as has been said, is it is easy to say it will hurt your career... but really it doesn't seem to very often. Getting fired from a job you wouldn't have gotten in the first place still means you came out ahead :( - Vigilance and faith that the cream always rises is what we need in the long run. A few extra security measures doesn't hurt either :)
  • Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
    A teacher in school made sure to discuss this before we graduated..

1) If someone is using your work and passing it off as their own, be flattered that they chose yours. 

2) The chances are that they aren't robbing you of anything. If your work is good enough to steal, odds are that you already have a job or won't have too hard of a time finding work. The most likely outcome is E=either they land the gig and their employer will quickly realize they aren't capable of what is on their portfolio, or they never land a job because they can't nail an art test. But either way, you lost nothing.

I recently had someone post some of my work on twitter without crediting me (They weren't actually taking credit for it, just tweeting it with random hashtags). It was a little annoying that they didn't give me credit. But it had far more favorites and re-tweets than anything I've posted. So it made me happy that people liked it. At the end of the day, that's why I created it to begin with. For other people to look at and enjoy. If more people see it and more people enjoy it, then I can't be too upset. If anyone ever asks for me to prove that it's mine, I'll happily show them all my working files. 
  • Sugus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sugus polycounter lvl 7
    @2dartist - Thanks for posting the image and the explanation.  It is definitely not cool at all to do that sort of stuff! 
  • SpaceRogue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpaceRogue polycounter lvl 3
    I will truly never understand this behavior, the worse case I'v handled was a creep Russian. Sad  too because of many reasons as we think the guy is completely delusional. At least I haven't seen him for about 2 years now, fingers crossed he learned his lesson but I don't think so. 

if you're in for reading feel free to browse 
    http://spacerogue.deviantart.com/journal/ID-fraudster-the-Nahom-case-371086981
  • olgakoupt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    olgakoupt vertex
    we had a kid in our class who kept handing in stolen work. my profs 100% knew. it's not as clever as one might think. but you are saying i can gets me a job in this cheap way.....