Home Big News

MINI-GOLF contest winners!

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

Phew - that was quick! Hot off the press are the results from the judges at Havok on their Top 9 entries to the MINI-GOLF contest!

For those who don't know, the MINI-GOLF! contest hosted by Polycount saw artists creating mini-golf holes, to be used in Havok's brand spanking new game engine, Project Anarchy™. When the contest deadline was reached, we asked the Polycount community to vote on their favourite 3 entries. From that vote, the Top 15 entries were sent to Havok, where they chose their Top 9 entries.

The Top 9 entries were not chosen by Havok for their art quality alone. Also considered was the level design, how well the tech within Project Anarchy was utilized, and the creativity of the theme. As a reminder, The Top 9 winning entries to MINI-GOLF will be walking away with the following prizes:

• 1st @ $750 pre-paid AMEX gift card (USD), Special Edition 'Golf Ball' Greentooth Trophy
  • 2nd @ $600 pre-paid AMEX gift card (USD), Special Edition 'Golf Ball' Greentooth Trophy
  • 3rd @ $500 pre-paid AMEX gift card (USD), Special Edition 'Golf Ball' Greentooth Trophy
  • 4th @ $400 pre-paid AMEX gift card (USD), Special Edition 'Golf Ball' Greentooth Trophy
  • 5th @ $300 pre-paid AMEX gift card (USD), Special Edition 'Golf Ball' Greentooth Trophy
  • 6th Special Edition 'Golf Ball' Greentooth Trophy
  • 7th Special Edition 'Golf Ball' Greentooth Trophy
  • 8th Special Edition 'Golf Ball' Greentooth Trophy
  • 9th Special Edition 'Golf Ball' Greentooth Trophy

In addition to this, all 9 holes will be featured at Havok's GDC 2014 booth!

Now then! On to what it is you're actually here for: THE WINNERS!!!

"Inferno" by EzMeow

"Hamster!" by Shiv

"The Reef" by m4dcow

"And they call it a mine! A MINE!" by Ivalice

"Forest Glade" by toxic_h2o

"Valley of the Par 6" by anglorum

"Temple of the Verdant Tempest" by Ewing

"DinoPutt!" by bcarter

"Floating Islands" by Tobbo

The Top 15

In no particular order, here are the 15 entries that the community voted on, which were sent to Havok. From this list, Havok chose their Top 9 winning entries for MINI-GOLF! A Polycount Contest powered by Project Anarchy

1. "Alien Escape" by ufo.mesh
  2. "Hamster!" by Shiv
  3. "Hanging Gardens" by Ladyknowles
  4. "Forest Glade" by toxic_h2o
  5. "The Reef" by m4dcow
  6. "Temple of the Verdant Tempest" by Ewing
  7. "Call Me Ishmael!" by AzzaMat
  8. "The leaky Galley" by JasterHope
  9. "Kid's Playground" by cmtanko
  10. "Valley of the Par 6" by anglorum
  11. "Floating Islands" by Tobbo
  12. "Arizona Hole Seven" by Jeff Parrott
  13. "And they call it a mine! A MINE!" by Ivalice
  14. "Inferno" by EzMeow
  15. "DinoPutt!" by bcarter

Congratulations to the winners! You guys showed that not only are you fantastic artists, but you're able to take new technology and apply practical design work to your artwork. Fantastic job everyone! So that we can figure out the logistics of getting you your prizes, Havok and Polycount will individually contact you via the email address associated to you Polycount account. If you have any concerns over this, please contact Adam directly: adam(AT)polycount(DOT)com.

Replies