Home News

Humus - cubemaps and other goodies!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18

I stumbled onto this site from a link posted by LoTekK on facebook which has a bunch of cool tools, textures, articles and all kinds of crazy shenanigans graphics wise.

More after the jump.

Humus is a site is run by a graphics programmer over at Avalanche Studios in Sweden and was previously employed at AMD/ATI. It's basically a blog, a collection of neat tools, tech demos, textures and much more. Funnily enough, his name is also Emil, so you can tell this dude is a champion right off the bat.

Initially I was linked to the cubemaps (and there are a lot of them, ranging from day, night, indoor, outdoor, landscape and cityscape), which are always handy for when trying to set up light rigs or to use as reflection maps for your models (or any other use you may think of). But after a bit more poking around, I found the site to contain a whole lot more than that.

Cubemaps created by Emil 'Humus' Persson.
The hi-res version of the cubemaps can be found here.

If you look beyond the 1990s web design and colour scheme (ala old Polycount boards) There are some interesting articles on rendering (with source code), a bunch of neat tools and apps and links to some other resources. So have a poke around yourself and you may find something that you like, as it caters to the artist, tech artist and tools guys alike. Something for everybody.

Excuse the website design and colour scheme, but for the old-school kids, it may take you back to the old Polycount days.

Related Links:

Replies