Home Technical Talk

Miauu 3ds Max Workplane Script (Modo Workplane in Max!)

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
beefaroni sublime tool
Hi guys. Just figured I'd link this in here for anyone looking for a good workplane solution in 3ds Max. I've been using this for a few months at work/home and I seriously can't go back. It's a fantastic and incredibly stable script.

http://miauumaxscript.blogspot.com/p/commercial-scripts.html

Replies

• ZombieWells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieWells polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah its super handy to have. Also, remember the "autogrid" check box above your creation tools/Object type, and you pretty much have the modo set up. Now if I could just get a screen space move like modo and maya, (meaning you dont have to click on those super small xyz handles to move your object) that would be a total win.
  • dzibarik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
    (meaning you dont have to click on those super small xyz handles to move your object) that would be a total win.

how can you move something in modo without clicking on handles??

edit: also can somebody explain why this script is extremely useful? I mean i use work plane in modo sometimes but it's more of an option than necessity.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right click the move tool (or whichever tool) in the Tool Pipe and toggle "Select Through" off ... then you don't have to use the widget to drag things in MODO.

It's bound to the semi-colon key by default so you can toggle it on/off easily while working.