Home Adobe Substance

Pixel Processor and sequenced lerps

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
bugo polycounter lvl 17
Hey guys,

Got a quick question for the SD master minds.

On Pixel processor, I want to basically use the uvs of a normal map (whatever one) and push pixels in a sequence, and lerp one next to another, using max, min, whatever. Any chance I can get help from someone?

It's basically like the slope blur, but I want to experiment with this on the pixel processor and add some more things to it.

Thanks again,
Hugo

Replies

• bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    Here's an example of what im trying to do, but if I could have a sequence, I could add maaaany more instead of manually add each.

pixelprocessor.jpg
  • cgvinny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cgvinny polycounter lvl 9
    Hey,
    As the pixel are processed in parallel, you can only change the value of the processed pixel.
    therefore (if I understood correctly),
    For each pixel I would scan the 8 pixels around, get the value of each red and green channels,
    and do some maths to know from which pixel it should inherit the value.
  • arvinmoses
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arvinmoses polycounter lvl 13
    LOL - yup Vincent and I just ran into this man. We were hoping it evaluated per pixel not in parallel - but alas we were wrong.

Would love to see an improved slope blur! Good luck and please let us keep us updated!
  • electricsauce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    electricsauce polycounter lvl 11
    I just made a pixel processor function that also could have benefited from a loop. To simplify things I built the functions up in blocks of 32 pixels each and multiplied each variable in the block by the block number. This means for a 512 pixel wide image I only needed 16 blocks. For my function I only had 1 variable and 2 or 3 connections that needed to be set per block.

Heightmap_Extruder.png