Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old Philips TV set

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Veezen polycounter lvl 9
Hi! Last weekend I decided to make new personal prop. I found few images of this TV from Philips and I really like style so I decided to make it :) Just for practice.

michal-veezen-kalisz-lp-oldtv3.jpg

More:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/old-philips-tv-set

Replies

• Limewax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Limewax polycounter lvl 6
    Saw this on ArtStation earlier today and wanted to let you know its super inspiring work. I really enjoy the style and overall presentation. The little connector piece (outlet socket plug thingy) could use a second pass, but other than that I'd say its one of your better works. How did you generate the texture? Substance? also, presented in Marmoset?
  • mon246
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mon246 polycounter lvl 2
    can we see the wires?
  • roboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roboy polycounter lvl 11
    this looks stunning man - great job

would love to see the wires and texture sheets too! :)
  • joelpattie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joelpattie polycounter lvl 5
    Awesome work, only point I can see is the bottom is really clean, would look good with some edge wear. Would love to see some wires and textures.
  • Synthet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This looks fantastic, great work.

Only thing I can think of is the large top/right surface looks a bit low res compared to the front so could use a little bit sharpening.
  • Veezen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Veezen polycounter lvl 9
    Hi! Thanks all for comments. I'm happy that you like it :)
    Everything was made using standard method: Photoshop. I didn't use Substance Painter but I have it and I use it sometimes . First I made and albedo map, and then rest (specular, gloss) reviewing them in Blender because I really like looking on my texture in shadeless. After that I imported them into Marmoset Toolbag 2 and spent some time on light setup.

Here is wires:
    LP_oldtv_wire.jpg