Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bone claw

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 9
A little something i made to get acquainted with Substance painter. It's a daaaamn good tool man. completely loving it.
Low poly (ish) model with normal maps and PBR in substance below.
mehran-khan-sword.jpg?1442834166
Hi-rez sculpt from zbrush.
mehran-khan-10553918-10152795290868025-5078937811053415662-o.jpg?1442834164

Replies

• Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Nice. I would say work on your definition a bit more in your high poly. The bone areas seem a little lumpy. Your texture work in Substance is good but I might work a bit more on your edges and at some dirt build up in some of the crevices (like where the blaze meets the gold handle). The bone needs a bit more specular too. I like the design though, fun shape and your lighting render looks great :)
  • Tul_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tul_ polycounter lvl 9
    Totally agree with 9thknight, bone part looks really unfinished compared to the rest of the piece. You should check out some actual bone reference to get the feel of it down. And a personal preference, I'd make the section of the blade where it curves on the cutting edge pointy and sharp instead of curved.

Awesome work dude, keep it up :D
  • Mehran Khan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 9
    thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah I wasn't super happy with the bone part wither, although I think that render doesn't capture the actual mesh properly. but anyway, will keep note of such things in the future.