Home General Discussion

Heroes Reborn

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
katana polycounter lvl 14
It's got that old feeling to it...so far so good.

Replies

• PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    But missing the important heroes ??
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I face-palmed my way through the entire re-pilot. It was pretty terrible.
  • Lt_Commander
    Offline / Send Message
    Lt_Commander polycounter lvl 10
    The 'video game' plot is pretty cringy, but at least the second episode was less manic then the pilot. I'm going to give it a few more episodes to see if it gets into a groove - I'm hoping they can really recapture the earlier Heroes seasons and not the latter ones, it's just too early to call right now.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    So far, I'm not hooked. One of the charms, of the original, during the first season, was watching the characters develop their powers. This time, either they already know their powers, or they discover them, but there's no development.

I'm also not digging the 'video game' power. It feels like an idea to throw in something current/topical, but really doesn't make much sense. Maybe it'll get explained more later, but I kind of check out, when those scenes come up.

I'm required to keep watching it, because my wife wants to. Otherwise, I'd probably stop watching, or wait until the season is done, and binge watch it (if I heard good things in the end). Hopefully things pick up.

I do find myself wanting to rewatch the end of the original series though, since I've forgotten most of it. I have no idea why Noah wiped his memory (or if that even happened at the time). Nor do I remember what happened to Claire.
  • DooDee
    notman wrote: »
    I do find myself wanting to rewatch the end of the original series though, since I've forgotten most of it. I have no idea why Noah wiped his memory (or if that even happened at the time). Nor do I remember what happened to Claire.

You wont find that out re-watching the end of the original series. That is what they're working their way through with the new series at the moment.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 3
    Bring back the cheerleader, save the series!
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    DooDee wrote: »
    You wont find that out re-watching the end of the original series. That is what they're working their way through with the new series at the moment.

I guess that's what I meant. I didn't remember if something happened at the end, or if they are just making up the 'after' stuff, and we are discovering it with Noah.