Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Village Wizard - Feedback Appreciated!

vertex
Just finished up this piece and was looking for some thoughts and feedback. I was going for an RPG's NPC feel with this character.

The idea was A small village hidden in a forest on a faraway planet and what type of cosmic sorcerer might reside there. Thanks for your time and critiques!

Replies

• lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    the green youve picked for his skirt and sandals make it look like they are made out of plastic and hes going to a beach party.

also you can paste images directly into the thread.
    like this
    > image URL here

girls-crocs-crocband-sandals-tp_1081705461701289527vb.jpg
    so basicly the same crits I gave you last time still stands. choose like 2-3 colors and try to make a whole design using only those colors. for example now you have like 2-3 different greens that could easily have been the same color.
  • Aaron Barnett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aaron Barnett vertex
    Hey @lotet, thanks for the feedback once again! I see what your saying about the greens. Two of the three of them are almost the same shade and are too hard to differentiate from one another. I tried to make the conscious effort to cut down on colors with this one per your advice last time, but somehow it seemed so flat to me when I did. Maybe I just need to step away from the piece and re-approach with fresh eyes another day before I call it done?

Also I'll try giving the skirt and sandals a more earthy tone!

Thanks again for your feedback! Its really appreciated!
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    No problem man, I Like your stuff :)

just a quick thing, when you say things like "it turned out flat to me so I didn't do this thing thats a fundamental art rule" the problem isn't lying with the colors, but somewhere else.

Its like when you flip your canvas and you ralize your piece looks like shit, you dont just go "well I guess I just dont flip the canvas then" you try to fix it =P
  • Aaron Barnett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aaron Barnett vertex
    Hey @lotet ! Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see it. Your right! I have cranked out a bunch more since we talked last and I think I am getting more of a hang of the colors and their relationhips to one another. I'd really appreciate your feedback on them, your very insightful! Here's the thread: http://polycount.com/discussion/160633/character-design-portfolio-round-2-feedback-appreciated#latest Thanks again.