Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Carpenters Workbench and Stool - Feedback

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Beard3D Bandit polycounter lvl 7
Hi guys! I'm working on a project that I would love to see all the way through.

I have always wanted to work for Bethesda Studios, which is why I have been asking artists who work there or have worked in similar environments, about portfolio work, what I should be working on etc.

Here are my goals:

1. Create a player home using the creation kit in Skyrim:
this will include - Custom modeled player home based on a concept image by an artist on Artstation called Friedemann Allmenroeder.

This is his fun little drawing that I fell in love with: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/a-sunny-place
(Yes, I have his permission)

2. Create a series of functional props in the player home
- Carpentry Workbench a Stool and Carpentry tools and equipment. Along with projects laying around which this person has been working on (old broken furniture he's repairing or a Wooden Cart Wheel he's fixing)

I am also thinking on custom making the Blacksmithing equipment too (forge, workbench, tools etc)

And that's it! it will be a cute little player home, in which one can stay if they so choose, and use custom built stuffs.

3. IF I HAVE TIME: I had this idea of this person with a small green house. Growing... cabbages? Yeah, CABBAGES!

So this to basically test myself on a LOT of things, one of which is to complete something.

THANKS! ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE AWESOME!

Love,
Beardy.

Link to what I have at the moment (workbench wireframes): https://www.artstation.com/artwork/carpenters-workbench-and-stool-wip-project

Replies

• Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Personally, i dont think you should post WIP's on Artstation.
    Keep the WIP's here on polycount and uload the final on AS.

Also good luck.
  • Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funnily enough, I was literally debating whether to keep posting my WIPs on AS xD

Thanks for mentioning it to me
  • Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update:

-The stool looked uncomfortable, so I'm placing a thin broken leather cushion on the stool.
    - Making some of the basic carpentry tools (Squares, Mallets, Axes, Chisels)
    - Making some cute lil buckets D'AWWWW BUCKETS!

What to do next:
    -Complete the modeling stage for the Carpentry related props
    -Begin texturing these babies and scale them to size ready for engine testing etc.

Here are some of the latest wireframe images.

glenn-donnelly-screenshot002.jpg?1443291486

glenn-donnelly-2.jpg?1443291602

glenn-donnelly-3.jpg?1443291606

glenn-donnelly-4.jpg?1443291610

I'm posting my WIPs on Artstation just so I can link them easily, until the project is complete.

Any feedback would be awesome.
  • Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update 2 - texturing workbench and stool

glenn-donnelly-1.jpg?1443416560

glenn-donnelly-1-wire.jpg?1443416563

glenn-donnelly-5.jpg?1443416876

glenn-donnelly-5-wire.jpg?1443416880

Just working on perfecting a varying the texture of the wood. Beginning to think about other details, like a cutting mat or some kinda of sheet to break up the wood texture on top of the work bench. Will keep texturing anyways :D