Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WiP] UE4 Nature Env

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
mettigel polycounter lvl 6
Hi!
I thought i make a WiP Thread about my Portfolio Project.

This Project is loosely based on this Image:
iXZw4aG.jpg

I set myself a time frame for about 2 Weeks. One Week is over and i have achieved a good amount of Assets.

So here we go :) :

First of all i made about 4 Rocks.

philipp-schmidt-highresscreenshot00007.jpg?1442519641

The cool thing about these Rocks is, that i'm in the Quixel Suite 2.0 Beta. i have to say: This dDo Painter is just awesome !

After the Rocks i tried my first Bark Sculpt ever (which will NOT be in the Project, because it's bad), but i learned a lot.

philipp-schmidt-screenshot000.jpg?1442528620

Then i decided to make a Background Terrain, so i made one in Mudbox / Worldmachine and imported it to Unreal:

philipp-schmidt-screenshot001.jpg?1442844062

WVYPs4U.jpg
(No Lights baked atm).

For the Vegetation i made 2 Gras Types and 5 different Birch Trees. The Grass was made in Zbrush and the Trees in SpeedTree.

philipp-schmidt-tree.jpg?1443092010

Yesterday i finished the Sculpting and Material Process for the Pine Bark, which i will import into SpeedTree for some nice Pine Trees.

philipp-schmidt-screen01.jpg?1443139477

For the Techninal stuff. I'm not sure if i should bake the Light or if i should switch over to Realtime. Atm a Medium Light Build takes about 80 minutes on my System (i7 4790K, 16GB RAM, GTX 980, Win10).

So that's it for the moment. I think i will start working on the Pine Needles today.

Greetings from Germany :)

Philipp

Replies