Home Dota 2

Eddy Shin's Workshop

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Eddy Shin polycounter lvl 6
Hi guys, this is 2 part of my newest set for LC. Finally i can testing in new workshop tool. So hmm hope you guys will like it :D
pj8yu2m.jpg

And btw this is Naga set i created before, but i just cancel because i have some trouble with poly requipment :(
njhgHrd.jpg

Replies

• Eddy Shin
    Offline / Send Message
    hi guys, i just finished baked map for banner slot and fill some color in
    KIe92wV.jpg
  • Eddy Shin
    Offline / Send Message
    hi all, i had finished with skin and testing ingame, but still have some problem but i will fix it soon
    2HLzr7A.jpg
  • Vovosunt
    Offline / Send Message
    Vovosunt polycounter lvl 4
    *looks at boob slot* *gasp*
    Oh no.... he has done it... everyone run!
    *hides in his bunker full of popcorn*

Ok, disregarding the boob-job, I like the set.
    (Technically they also fit with the whole amazon/valkyrie theme, but you know what people think about this kind of stuff on workshop)
    You could add some normals to the wings thought, since they're a bit too flat currently.
    Also the design seems to lack continuity in some places (like the dark metal parts are missing in the bottom part of it, and the gray shoulder blades don't seem to fit well)
  • Eddy Shin
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry if i have bad english, its hard to communicate with you guys but im glad to see your comment and advice. Im not good with concept, look like i have a lot work to do with that set, seem like i will redesign shoulder and wing just like you said. The idea i looking for is saint seiya and valkyrie, i just want to make something special ha ha. I don't know that its will be good or not...

but... I will replace the wing to some shape of horns or something sharp, someone told me that they don't like the wing and they said look terrible with LC. But i still enjoy it and keep working to figure it out.
    Thank you again *happy*
  • Eddy Shin
    Offline / Send Message
    hi its me again
    i just rework with shoulders slot and update texture
    hFi0aRM.jpg
  • Eddy Shin
    Offline / Send Message
  • Swaggernaut
    Offline / Send Message
    Swaggernaut polycounter lvl 2
    Ok a couple of things here:

- Wings on the backslot look very out of place since they are from a very different artstyle in terms of the texture. Perhaps you could sculpt them out and bake some normals there, then it might look a bit better.

- texture on the legs look very basic and dont have that much detail at all, also seems a bit too sexualized considering legion commander to be a soldier who wears armor and everything. I suggest if you want to change the legs, create your own armor for that place instead of skin. same thing with the boobs.

Other than that I really like how the rest of the set looks. Good luck!
  • darkkyo
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    Ok a couple of things here:

- Wings on the backslot look very out of place since they are from a very different artstyle in terms of the texture. Perhaps you could sculpt them out and bake some normals there, then it might look a bit better.

- texture on the legs look very basic and dont have that much detail at all, also seems a bit too sexualized considering legion commander to be a soldier who wears armor and everything. I suggest if you want to change the legs, create your own armor for that place instead of skin. same thing with the boobs.

Good points. Also, building flesh over the original skin/texture always makes the character look more chunky/fleshy. She honestly looks like a different character here.
  • Haftoof
    Offline / Send Message
    Haftoof polycounter lvl 4
    Not that I'm against dem hips ;P

I agree on the texturing, obviously she needs some stockings, you know holiday season coming up and all.

I will say if any of the animations cause clipping it might cause trouble though, I see clipping on that image there.
  • Eddy Shin
    Offline / Send Message
    hi long time no see
    i just wanna say thank to all of you guys for these comment, i look at my set and i think it's really ugly and have some problem with skin just like @Haftoofsaid so i droped it. 
    and second, i just resubmit my old LC set, hope you guys will like it and give me some feedback 
    thanks

• Eddy Shin
    Offline / Send Message
    it's time to start something new but actually is just a rework of my old jug's set i made last year with new skill i learned. Here is the mask i sculpting for Juggernaut with samurai theme 

• Eddy Shin
    Offline / Send Message
    WIP and i've so much fun with it