Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Futuristic Thief

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Trawler polycounter lvl 6
RECENT:
a065623f0c.jpg

Hi all - so I'm just about to go into third year and I'm making a start with the project that will span the year.

I'm wanting to create the main character first. Here is where I am at at the moment.

I'm going for a realistic style.

02b341f025.jpg

8adefec149.jpg

730f6cfff4.jpg

I really need some help with my body/face anatomy. I want to get this nailed before I move onto the clothing and such ( I have a basic idea in the way of style and clothing but its nothing concrete yet).

Now I haven't done the hands yet- this will be my next step.

Please rip it apart so I can piece it back together :)

Thanks guys!

T

Replies

• Trawler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update!

Been working on this over lunch.

Just a small update today as I have mainly been doing important things like scaling her to the correct scale so I can rig a proxy mesh so we can get her in engine asap. But still!

1908c226b9.jpg

41d4004801.jpg

75786e32cc.jpg

Mainly still in the blocking out stages but she finally has hands! - still on the low res side but I want to get the forms correct first before bumping up the sub-d

Cheers,

T
  • Abrvpt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Hey there, good start !

For the body, I made a quick dirty paintover, hope it helps.
    Also I would recommend the A pose instead of the T pose, easier to control shoulder deformation when rigging.

aOjhH4o.jpg

For the face, it looks at the moment too masculine.
    The lower part of the face is really long. Long faced women exist obviously but they are harder to make in 3d...
    Try to shorten the chin, move the mouth slightly upwards, try to push the cheeckbone out a bit.
    Also, the eyelids are too thin.

Keep up!
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    You are millimeters away from having the good shapes, but those millemeters are important. Try to find a nice ref and follow it, depending on the style you aim for. You can take a more "the girl next door" ref, or a more "perfect super model" for a stylized character.

Try to correct some shapes, especially the collarbone, chest and hips/thighs. I'm not a beast in anatomy or drawing but I tried my best ^^ :

ss%2B%282015-09-11%2Bat%2B01.28.17%29.jpg

Here are some normal but sexy girls modelsheets you could use if you don't want a perfect supermodel body.

anatomy_cam_eacute_lia_by_arts_muse-d6sznkf.jpg

anatomy_sandra_by_arts_muse-d6skn43.jpg

anatomy_sol_egrave_ne_by_arts_muse-d6ubrw8.jpg
  • Trawler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update!

Managed to get some time to work on this over the weekend :)

Thank you guys so much for the paint overs and reference posted - super help!

So i have tried to take everything you guys have said into consideration when making my changes.

@Abrvpt Thanks for the tip about the A pose - changed her to be a little more relaxed. I have tweaked her face and hopefully she looks a little better - still not 100% so i'll keep on working on it!

@Texelion Awesome reference man thanks a lot! and a big thanks for the paint over - really helped me see where her silhouette was lacking and needed tweaking more.

UX4MDUl.jpg

F3A6xei.jpg

and a close up of the face -

TOHdWy4.jpg

The face still needs a lot of work - shes lacking something - just can't see it at the mo!

Thanks for the replies :) I'll keep working!

T
  • Trawler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small updated on the face today - not much time to work on this due to releases at work! busy busy :)

a065623f0c.jpg

Tweaked the eyes and the overall proportions of the face still not happy about this yet though so will keep working!

Thanks guys,

T