Home General Discussion

zbrush license transfers

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pabs polycounter lvl 11
heads up to anyone trying to sell their zbrush license:

Effective 27 Aug 2015 it is no longer possible to transfer licenses from one user to another.

Pixologic will only transfer license ownership in the case of a corporate acquisition where the licenses are acquired as part of the original company’s assets. For such a transfer we will require written proof of this company acquisition. To provide us with that proof and initiate the change of licensing information, please submit a Support ticket.

Replies

• Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    So... Just a "heads up".... That you stopped allowing transfers last week?
    Super helpful, man. XD
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Grimwolf wrote: »
    So... Just a "heads up".... That you stopped allowing transfers last week?
    Super helpful, man. XD

I mean, he isn't Pixologic. Just seems to be letting people know, since there have a been a few sales of zbrush licenses on polycount.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    EU vs pixologic in 3... 2... 1...

shame though. i saw it on their forums a few days ago. that came out of the blue. a while back i acquired a license this way as well with a decent savings. always thought their stance on it all was very cool. so refreshingly non-corporate.

zbrush with ribbon interface next? ;)
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    I never understood the business model they had going. Licence transfer with free upgrades was eventually going to eat into their bottom line- Why buy a new license for retail when you can find someone to get it to you cheaper.

I surmise that if Pixologic is forced into allowing the transfers, we will see an end to free upgrades.
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    low odor wrote: »
    I never understood the business model they had going. Licence transfer with free upgrades was eventually going to eat into their bottom line- Why buy a new license for retail when you can find someone to get it to you cheaper.

I surmise that if Pixologic is forced into allowing the transfers, we will see an end to free upgrades.

I suspect when zbrush 5 comes out there will be a lot of changes with licensing.

They have an event later this month, maybe there will be some announcements then.