Home Featured Artwork

Hand painted environment - Wood house

Replies

• Vyrd
    Offline / Send Message
    Vyrd polycounter lvl 5

ANTONIONEVES, Very smart work ! Can you show UV unwrapping to paint texture of a tree? I would be very grateful to you
  • 87roach
    Offline / Send Message
    87roach polycounter lvl 5
    wgarts said:
    Valid input I am sure, as you are more so the expert on cabin structures. But this is the artists world. A beautiful world at that. Let's not pick and prod at what was structurally incorrect. While your work is very beautiful as well (I checked out some of your posts, gorgeous work friend!) I am sure there are incorrect "real world" applications there as well. 
    Nah, he's not picking. The artist's model is built in a way that these joints can be fixed by just nudging a few bits. If this was mine, I'd want that pointed out. That's one of those things that you miss cus you've been looking at it too long and you need an outside pair of eyes to catch it. That's one of the main reasons to post stuff on a board like this.

And of course, awesome work, ANTONIONEVES.
    I am only pointing it out to help Antonio, but thank you for making your point about it being his own world. I do agree but it's my 2 cents, and he knows I mean well.

Also, like KeirKieran said... he has made it pretty easy to be able to move and adjust his model if he so chooses. If not he knows what to do next time :smiley: 
  • AntonioNeves
    Offline / Send Message
    AntonioNeves polycounter
    Hi everyone, sorry late reply

@MAKKON Thanks man :)
    @WGARTS During  the workflow, I use many textures separated, they are not seamless, they were created just for especific object, but these objects can be found in more than one place on the entire model.  but in the end, when I finish the model, I make unique texture for everything, the entire cabin is one object and it has just one texture. I hope you undertand.
    @HARFORD Thanks man, well you need to find some time to do it!
    @ZUG ZUG hello man, thanks for liking!
    @MIMIWS Thanks man, yes, you can :)
    @BRADHB3D Hi! thank you very much for liking :)
    @TAYLORTORMENT Thank you very much :)
    @PAIN Thank you man:)
    @87ROACH Hello my friend, you are totally correct, I did see some images like that before start the house, and I was starting to do it, but it was spending a bit more polygons because of those meetings, and the way I did is more easy to do, I mean, I believe this will not interfere on the general mood, that is because I decided to do it in the (wrong way). Let's suppose that the lumberjack built it wrong, he did not know :) haha.... Thanks for liking!
    btw, I did not know that you already worked on this kind of building! Very cool :) 
    @WGARTS Yes, man, of couse, it is the artists world or course, but like I said to @87ROACH I was trying to sabe polygons and it is more easy to do, I mean, it will not interfere on the general mood.
    @HASSENSAMAALI Hi, I started this personal project some months ago, and I have many things to do, which means that I have many thing in my head, not only this scene, but you need to separate each one... I already know what I want to use on this scene, so, a lot of elements on the search is not a problem. Thanks!
    @KEIRKIERAN Hi, you are right, I did because it was better to me in this specific situation, it doesn't means that everything I do is looking for the easy way to do the things, the main reason I decided to do this way is because it is easy of couse but it will not interfere on the general mood. :)
    @VYRD Hello! I already showed the wireframes and the textures of the trees, take a look on the initials pages, let me know if you want something more.

• Jetty218
    Offline / Send Message
    Jetty218 polycounter lvl 5
    Please do a breakdown/tutorial on how u paint textures...... fucking amazing work dude
  • Jeff Parrott
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    This is looking great man. Really nice breakdown too.
  • Vyrd
    Offline / Send Message
    Vyrd polycounter lvl 5
    I fully support  JETTY218! It is interesting to learn techniques and processes to create such amazing textures
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Not adding any cool input here,
    just passing by to say this is awesome, great work!
  • AntonioNeves
    Offline / Send Message
    AntonioNeves polycounter
    Hi everyone, sorry late reply, i don't like to post things late, but i was very busy, now I got some time to work on this, we are almost there, is missing just a few things! 

@VYRD @JETTY218 Thank you guys, of course I will do it, I will post many things when i finish this.
    @JEFF PARROTT Thank you Jeff!
    @TITS Thank you very much!
  • AntonioNeves
    Offline / Send Message
    AntonioNeves polycounter

Here is, finally done :) . After five months working on this scene, It’s time to call it done, I said that i wanted to improve somethings, like stones and BG, but everything has a similar level of detail, if I improve some object I will need to do the same for everything, so I decided to finish. I improved my skill during these months, doing this and other things. Everything here is very simple, there is no effects or sculpts, the entire scene  is lowpoly handpainted. I think something very important to build something like this, is the general mood, how the elements looks like together. Try to understand  what the nature want to communicate with us and feel that. :)

To finish this I added some little details, like fences, some rocks and grass here and there, I tried to make the elements a bit closer each other, to look more cozy.

Thank you everyone who came here visit my thread, I loved to share this with you guys, each of your comments is very important to me, thank you very much! I hope you like it!

>

• Stavaas
    Offline / Send Message
    Stavaas polycounter lvl 3
    Sick work man, really inspiring!
  • CraigSnedeker
    Offline / Send Message
    CraigSnedeker polycounter lvl 6
    I cri everytime.

It's so pretty.
  • darkmag07
    Offline / Send Message
    darkmag07 polycounter lvl 12
    Really great work! It's been awesome to watch this develop!

I feel like you need to model a lumberjack to take the place of your placeholder-guy now!
  • desktoppirate
    Offline / Send Message
    desktoppirate polycounter lvl 11
    This is really beautiful. Very inspiring, thanks for posting.
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    already said this is super cool like 3-4 times already, but the final piece looks amazing good job!
  • felipealves
    Offline / Send Message
    felipealves polycounter lvl 10
    Man, it turned out amazing! I knew this scene would be awesome, very inspiring.

Looking forward for your next project!
  • wirrexx
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    i'd buy your tutorial for hand painted in one heart beat! Love it! 
  • 87roach
    Offline / Send Message
    87roach polycounter lvl 5
    As everyone has already said, the scene turned out really great Antonio! Very nice indeed.

I do find that the larger scene images are unclear/foggy, the smaller thumbnail images are much better in terms of seeing your actual work. Regardless though, a very high quality and cohesive scene, and saved to my inspiration folder!

I like how you staggered the logs on the building too ;)
  • RaggaPenguin
    Love it. I just started branching out into hand painted stuff. Took me an hour just to do a plank of wood, can't imagine the work that went into this. Great job!
  • Har
    Offline / Send Message
    Har polycounter lvl 3
    This reminds me of grizzly hills in World of Warcraft. Only yours looks better :).
  • Haftoof
    Offline / Send Message
    Haftoof polycounter lvl 4
    Awesome work...  is this being rendered in an engine? 
  • melli06
    Offline / Send Message
    melli06 polycounter lvl 2
    Ermagod! Too good!
  • smurfbizkit
    Offline / Send Message
    smurfbizkit polycounter lvl 18
    This is a goldmine of inspiration, thanks for sharing the wip's! Also I'm betting you spent a good deal of time studying diablo3's textures. In some cases I'd say you even surpassed them. Great work!
  • Apocrs1980
    Offline / Send Message
    Apocrs1980 polycounter lvl 4
    Excellent commendable work man.
    I thank you sir as you have inspired me!
    I was struggling to figure out what kind of style I wanted to go with and seeing how well the painterly style can look has helped me make a decision. :)
  • jellophish
    Offline / Send Message
    jellophish polycounter lvl 7
    Looks amazing!!
  • Aluvay
    Offline / Send Message
    Aluvay polycounter lvl 6
    This environment is great! Nice job on the color palette.
  • gavku
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Fantastic work dude well done!
  • beccatherose
    Offline / Send Message
    beccatherose ngon master
    My eyes fall out of my head every time I see this. Awesome stuff!
  • Mateus
    Offline / Send Message
    Mateus interpolator
    Freaking awesome!
    For how long have you been practicing environment art?
    Blizzard should hire you .
  • AntonioNeves
    Offline / Send Message
    AntonioNeves polycounter
    Thank you everyone for the new comments :) Also, I would like to say that, I will start a new project very soon, and I will share it here , I want to see everyone there again, the comments of you all, inspires me :) 

@Stavaas Thanks man!
    @CraigSnedeker haha thanks :)
    @darkmag07 Hey dude, I'm not good with characters! maybe someday :)
    @desktoppirate Thanks man, no problem!
    @lotet thanks for saying many times :)
    @felipealves thanks dude, my next project will come very soon :)
    @wirrexx thanks man, maybe someday I will do some tutorial :)
    @87roach Thank you my friend, yeah, about the fog it happened indeed, I agree with you!
    @RaggaPenguin thank you and good luck on your studies!
    @Har Thanks man, grizzly hills is a very nice area.
    @Haftoof Thanks man, yes, actually this is just a printscreen of the engine, I dont know even how to make a render there :) I know, this is sad...
    @melli06 Thanks!
    @smurfbizkit Thanks! Diablo 3 is a great reference about many things, specially the textures :)
    @Apocrs1980 Thanks man, I'm glad about your decision! good luck :)
    @jellophish Thanks!
    @Aluvay Thanks!
    @gavku Thanks!
    @beccatherose Thanks Becca, I'm glad you like it :)
    @Mateus Thanks man, haha about the Blizzard, maybe someday, who knows :) 
  • sansalterego
    Really inspiring work Antonio! Thanks for sharing. If I may ask, how do you unwrap the UV to texture that you have painted? e.g. for the mini lumber mill roof, you have a couple of floating mesh to give it a bit of shape but once the textures are applied it all looks smooth and contentious. How do you do that? I think in one of your posts you mentioned that you finally creates a single image texture for each object like the mill house. Will it be possible to share the UV layout and corresponding texture map for at least one of the smaller object (like the mini lumber mill, or even just part of it)?

gAGI1P5jpg

• Arthur Ramazanov
    Offline / Send Message
    Arthur Ramazanov polycounter lvl 12
    Been a big fan of your work for a while. I was wondering, how did you end up setting up your shader in UE4 so that you can the flat lighting but also have it so that you get cast shadows/other shadows. 
  • AntonioNeves
    Offline / Send Message
    AntonioNeves polycounter
    @sansalterego hey , sorry late reply. Well, the answer for your question is very simple actually, you can see in the image below, the texture is the same for the roofs and the small pieces, it's just about the position, I tried to use the same position to look something continuous. take a look. Thanks for liking!

@Arthur Ramazanov Hey! Well... this was my first work using unreal engine, I did not know nothing about it, so everything there is default, the shader is not flat, it is a normal material. I can not show you because I don't even know where this project is. Thanks for liking! :)
  • Khan_
    Offline / Send Message
    Khan_ null
    Looks amazing, very impressive!