Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

A bird and a robot

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
AnthonyAnimation greentooth
Hello everyone, I've been blocking out a new shot and would like some opinions. Is this shot clear/make any sense? I thought the bird kick into the robot was funny, but my fiancee thinks it doesn't make any sense, so I leave the judgment to you!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n52mPQZxpTE[/ame]

Thanks!

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    [FONT=&quot]The animation is great!! I just feel its kind of strange that they are in place (a nice trick is to put triangles or whatever you want and animate those, so we can understand that the main characters are moving but they aren’t actually :P )

What I understand is that they are chasing the robot, the upper guy seems to be in charge since he is riding the “pelican” and the pelican at the end just want to capture it too ( in his own way) I don’t know haha. It makes sense in a comical way. Maybe at the end add a reaction of the one that got pushed for example a lifted hand with a thumb up to not finish it like they are not friends anymore, that’s everything ok and mission complete.[/FONT]
  • AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Arturow wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]The animation is great!! I just feel its kind of strange that they are in place

Yeah Arturow, I should have mentioned I was going to loop that section and have it seem as though the are running instead of standing in space. Thanks for the feedback! I do think the ending is lacking so I'll work on that.
  • Anth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anth polycounter lvl 3
    I like the animations them self, you done well with the cartoony behaviour of the characters . However make any sense ? Not much unfortunately :) i'm sure that's just because it's not fully developed yet!
  • linwail
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linwail polycounter lvl 5
    For a short animation, this is great. I think it is too short to have much of a story. If you wanted to make it less confusing, I would add more scenes to it
  • derphouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    derphouse polycounter lvl 4
    As being said, the animation works well. I understand what is happening, but it feels like there needs to be a purpose for them stopping, and I'm in doubt if the robot is tripping? In that case, the reaction of the chasers is very fast, and the action is basically playing in two places at once, making the viewer unsure where to focus. For the kick itself, it makes more sense to me, if it is done somehow during the chase. Maybe the distance between the robot and the chasers becomes slightly longer, giving the bird a reason to act as he does.

Just a personal opinion of course. It does have a nice cartoony(bouncy) look! :D
  • GameYan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Work is good,,but its too short...