Home Adobe Substance

[solved] Height map blending problem

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
demigodssw greentooth
So i am working on a medieval structure for my portfolio(beginner artist:)) which I did half in Photoshop and doing half in substance painter.:poly122::poly142:
Now i am facing a problem in the stair part where the height map of the base stone [IMG][/img]a3TWja.jpg

is blending with the variation/damage I added[IMG][/img]ToETY2.jpg

and giving this result[IMG][/img]FpSrIG.jpg

i just want to know a way to stop height map of base texture to blend with the damage i add :( so i can hide the weird looking lines on the stair
ty in advance:thumbup:

also for some reson i cant see the complete height map when i switch to height map mode but its clearly visible in the image if i export all the channles

Replies

• demigodssw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demigodssw greentooth
    And this is the complete structure advice me on this too plz[IMG][/img]brL0A8.jpg
    SBFWWt.jpg
    sNzJP4.jpg

Its not complete only the stone and roof have height,metallic and roughness map
    and still need to complete rope and add some more variation to wood and roof and need to do side windows
  • NicolasW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NicolasW polycounter lvl 13
    If you want a specific layer to not affect the height channel, in the layer stack switch the the height channel (using the drop down menu) and change the opacity of the layer.

Also you can choose the height information to "replace" the previous height by changing the blending mode to "normal"
    By default the height blending mode is set to "linear dodge" which is additive.
    also for some reson i cant see the complete height map when i switch to height map mode but its clearly visible in the image if i export all the channels

The height channel being stored in high dynamic range, it contains negative and positive values. So you have to check the "+/- Colors" option in the Viewer settings.
  • demigodssw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demigodssw greentooth
    ty problem solved:)