Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sentinel (+MeshFusion Tutorial)

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
MDiamond polycounter lvl 10
Hi guys.

This is my latest work, based on this design by Dacosta Bayley(http://conceptartworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/marchofrobots_14-023-Sentinel.jpg). Modelled in Modo and textured in Substance. Did some renders in Octane as well for a change.

rLVtWJ6.jpg
DBgFsxW.png
nNDfOjZ.png

A brief breakdown of my meshes:
gLAo7OY.png

I also imported the model into UE4 and decided to have some fun with its shader:
fgUbXIm.png

I created parameters to control the intensity of the glowing orbs on its arms, and switches(lerps) that changes the brightness for an animated white noise+scanline effect. I imagined what would happen if he moved his arms too far away from his body. The loss of brightness for the white noise and the scanline could be a feedback that his OS would be working hard to refresh the connection between his limbs, which could lead to some dramatic possibilities(saving someone falling from a bridge or something).

And here’s a tutorial that I wrote for Mesh Fusion showcasing how I used the tool to sketch some the character’s shapes before committing to my final topology. Its nothing advanced but since it's now bundled with Modo maybe it can give new and veteran users some ideas(Please tell if you need them in higher resolutions).

4pzyOC2.png
njyOgn3.png
HLtBERx.png

Hope you guys enjoy it and leave a comment if you like to!