Home General Discussion

Mesh Fusion

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
pmiller001 greentooth
I use modo at work, and now I use it at home whenever I can. Its either that or zbrush.
Has anyone had any problems with mesh fusion? I have not. This tool is, quite frankly amazing.
What are you experiences with Mesh fusion? have they been pleasant or otherwise?

Replies

• WarrenM
    It's great for certain tasks. The only problem with it is that it gets heavy and slow pretty quickly.

I've certainly used on production pieces tho...
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    if you are the only one working with it in your production or if the others have access to modo and the sourcemeshes, then it will work. if not, learn proper sds modelling... having to work with a locked meshfusion output is plain horrible.
  • pmiller001
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    @Neox- I would never suggest to learn this before Proper Sub D modeling. Thats how I learned, and personally I think everyone should. I am the only one using it now, so that definetly helps. I can see this being infuriating for someone else haha.

@WarrenM- You're right about that, when it gets bogged down, it gets BOGGED down. Worth the wait though? a lot of the time I'm thinking yes, not all of the time though. It has its place.