Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New portfolio site - Feedback appreciated

Boozebeard
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Boozebeard polycounter lvl 11
Hey, as the title states I just finished refreshing my portfolio website and I'd appreciate feedback. Or even just let me know whether it works correctly on your end.

www.jamiephipps.co.uk

Replies

• Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    I want High polys! I want Low polys with only normal/ao applied! I want some texture flats! And I want a darker background!

Seriously though its a decent layout. Showing your texture flats and presenting high/low poly models will better show your understanding of the character pipeline.

As far as the work is concerned, depending on your career goals and whatnot it would be a good idea to start getting some realistic, high res, fully sculpted human males and females in there.
  • Boozebeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback. Was wondering whether people would want to see the base sculpts and stuff, figured the end result is what matters and left them out to keep it more streamlined but will put some in if you think it's important to see.

And you're right about getting some regular ol' humans in, guess I've just always found them a bit boring.
  • IronTarkus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronTarkus vertex
    Wireframes. Thats the most important thing I believe.
  • Boozebeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The neutral pose front/back shots have wireframes on them, although with the opacity turned down. If you bring up the full size images you should be able to see them clearly enough though.
  • independ-hans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    independ-hans polycounter lvl 13
    First, Good work looks really nice.
    How I am supposed to see the wireframes with that dark shaded textures. Think on usability make things easy for them. I Beat with you some people would just move on to the next portfolio if there would be only a dark textured model with wireframes.
  • Boozebeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There a few spots that are hard to see but I figured you can see more than enough to get a good idea of the edge flow and density of the important areas. If people really think it's too difficult to look at I'll add some wire shots without the colour as Lucas suggested.
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    First of all great work!

I would say that your pieces are lacking stronger wireframe shots, with poly count.

If you could get a web player that has the 3D turntable of a model that would be nice too
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First of all great work!

I would say that your pieces are lacking stronger wireframe shots, with poly count.

If you could get a web player that has the 3D turntable of a model that would be nice too
  • Boozebeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've added some extra images with clearer wire-frames and thumbnails of the textures. I only put the albedos on there so you can see the layout, is that sufficient?
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    much better with the wireframes.

My only thing now is that when looking at your textures all i stare at is the text that states the size. While I don't think its necessary, if you are going to include the texture size, perhaps put it underneath the image? It a shame that you can't appreciate the texture because you're looking at the text the entire time

oh and what i was talking about was sketchfab