Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Retrogasm Art Competition - Altered Beast

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ljsketch polycounter lvl 6
Gonna start a thread over here for the Facebook Retrogasm Art Competition. I decided on making Altered Beast, I always loved that game, love those side scrollers.

I initially was going to keep it simple and make the beast version of the main character. But then, I thought that would be kind of boring, especially in comparison to today's game so I figured I'd give him armor or something.

Here are some of the sketches I started working on already:

The top concepts are when I thought Luke would be some kind of tribal guy, who turns into a werewolf. Some of the ideas weren’t working so well so I delved into the original plot a bit more. Found out he was a Centurion, so I started thinking about giving him centurion armor.

FjF0lq.jpg

JxzOLF.jpg

EWnksG.jpg

I also decided to change the story a little bit. So instead of him getting orbs to turn into a beast, he now has the ability to remain in beast form. Collecting any orbs would return him back to a “weaker” human state. Still up in the air about giving him a secondary attack weapon, I kind of like the idea of him retaining magical elements for attack over blunt weapons/objects etc.

Anyhow, more to come soon.