Home General Discussion

re zremesher R3 pacth

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
I just updated zbrushR7 to r3 patch and zremesher is 'so' much better now.
gives me a good base to work for retopo.
i think it was actually a bit broken in previous R7 versions

I left it on more or less default settings for a pair of trousers( apart form turning off adaptive) I was working on and it knocked out decent enough topology.

polycount set to 2k, with no curves, but
adaptive and curves set to default at 50.

had to use a few curves for a head I was working on but still nice results

uggh wish you could edit post titles:/

Replies

• m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Post some pics!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Patch 3 has been out for a while, hasn't it?
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    10/10 productionready tool!

9S0857a.png
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    haha I think you are doing it wrong ravenslayer and that is not the patch 3 version if I am not mistaken
    I don't think these are too bad as a base to edit further

bruce%20retopo.jpg

it seems to struggle with a mouth a little at times, but thats easily editable. I would prefer to do this than have to retopo the whole mesh from scratch

trousers was the default with adaptive turned off - far from ideal, but not that bad. the previous unpatched version of zbrush release 7 just gave a horrible mess

trousers_retopo.jpg

good to have some contructive feedback and maybe contribute some additional suggestions

nother quick one - eyes need some work

headtopo1.jpg
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Yeah Ravenslayer you have symmetry turned off and maybe you had it off for the sculpting. Zremesher does a great job. Here is what I got from p2 with a dynamesh. The topo isnt that important at this stage its just variation in res and to get sub ds on a dynamesh.
    zremesh.jpg
    No muss no fuss no spirals! Its real magic on trouble areas like ears. I like to do the end topo myself but as a tween step its a great tool and there is a lot you can reuse.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    hey kanga, how do you get such a different res on the hands/head as acompared to the body. did you use polypaint when you zremeshed or did you do each bit separately?
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I realised about the local subdivision, just wondered if there was some magic apart for the polypaint option let you zremesh locally.
    for a example whole human body does not zremesh very well for me. got to do some more tests though as I enjoy researching these things
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    lol yeah that was the worst example i could come up with but i`ve been frustrated lately with how zremesher seems to handle eyeloops. i dont know what it is but it keeps giving me bad results even though i put in the same zremesher guides as i did before. i tried it in p3 but its the same
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Ruz wrote: »
    hey kanga, how do you get such a different res on the hands/head as acompared to the body. did you use polypaint when you zremeshed or did you do each bit separately?
    Ek, my polycount account stopped notifying me of responses so I missed this. dustinbrown is right I just hid the head, hands and feet and remeshed, zremesher took care of all the connections.

Those are some pretty nice results you got on the face topology!
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Cheers kanga and thanks for the info
    yes they look quite good , considering I did not do too much to get that kind of result

was n't quite as impressive when I tried it on a dynameshed version of the head though