Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Folio critique

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
Need some serious critique on my portfolio. Is there anything I should change like the layout, descriptions, etc?

Thanks!

http://nickbouldin.squarespace.com/

Replies

• dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 9
    Good art. I hate the layout though. The top/header image is boring compared to your other stuff. I would just kill it anyway, it takes too much space.

Maybe someone will give other suggestions, but these are my opinions. The portfolio page scrolling down kind of sucks. It would be nice to condense this page before clicking on individual pages. Your project individual pages are only 3 images per row, I only use 1024x768 on my pc and you can definitely fit about 2 more per row to condense your work.

I just like having everything on one page to observe and click and then go back and click other things.

If you want to fancy up your Shipped page. Put a box art or some other art from each game and have a small list of thumbnails of the box art or whatever rather than just text. Dates on those titles might be nice.
  • Adrian Pieroni
    I'd make the preview images FAT & JUICY, rather than having 75% of the screen space allocated to lines of text. The current formatting is kind of sparse and hiding the glorious artwork!
  • OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks guys! What do you think about ArtStation?
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Artstation is a solid choice for portfolio replacement. And it's pretty easy to maintain your stuff or organize it around.