Home Technical Talk

Dynamesh Master Problem

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Justo polycounter
I keep getting this error with some subtools when I try using the DMM with them. Sometimes they are objects that were imported from Maya and inserted into my Zbrush tool, sometimes they're not.

aWLgyIu.png

I found this thread that suggested turning off symmetry options in the Remesh options, and I did that, but the problem still persists.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Replies

• sebgreg77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To fix this problem you need to upscale your mesh with (size in deformation panel) I do an upscale of 800 and run the script, after just need to do a -800 to go back to is original size. It's seems to be a problem with the size of your mesh.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Try temporarily using a pivot point to alter the center, which would for this case.  
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    sebgreg77 said:
    To fix this problem you need to upscale your mesh with (size in deformation panel) I do an upscale of 800 and run the script, after just need to do a -800 to go back to is original size. It's seems to be a problem with the size of your mesh.
    Dynamesh Master is great in that it doesn't calculate based on the mesh scale, as is the case with regular DM. @cryrid solution is the way to go.
  • Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Whoa, didn't expect answers to this two years later. Thanks guys, I'll do this if it happens in the future. 
  • Bigby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigby vertex
    So I dont know whats changed but sebgreg77 is right for me. Its based off scale. I got a simple blob thats completely symmetrical on its own subtool. Ive been trying to get dynamesh master to work but it keeps popping out that error or it crashes. However, just simply scaling it up makes it work like a charm. Im guessing the autoscale portion of it doesnt work with 4r8 yet.

Whats odd is REGULAR dynamesh works completely fine with it small.. its also more stable. Ive been trying dynamesh master for years off and on since 4r7 and I always go back to using regular dynamesh cause its simply more stable and requires no fiddling.
  • truemkar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    truemkar polycounter lvl 3
    But even everything is fine with the scale and the symmetry and the pivot, this dumb pop-up appears when you try to dynamesh an object with SpotLite(suddenly!) is turned on. Just hide it by pressing Shift+Z and then dynamesh the subtool.