Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Squidfingers

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
AnthonyAnimation greentooth
Hey guys, my first post since the Riot contest way back when. I'm working on Squid Fingers, a free rig provided by Proletariat. I'm currently in blocking plus, any feedback is welcome. I'll be updating this thread with progress.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVfRr9TNxg[/ame]

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hello ANthony!

That is looking good , loving the curve trajectory of the tentacles :)!

The main guy looks awesome , the other guy looks a little bit forced in the last flip in the air ( it speed up noticeable to hit the pose of the grab ).

I think that it will help a lot to have the release of the body at the end , instead of the "almost" release. ( or maybe youtube is just trolling me with some frames and I can't see that last pose).But if you were going for that approach is fine then :P!

Just my opinion :) good work!
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Very cool! I feel the 2nd whip-release has about the same intensity as the first foot-swipe... I'd push the pose on frm 92/93 back more so the arm and the guy is behind squidfingers (screen left); then really smear frm 95 (merge it with 96). Basically doubling the distance the throw is from 92 to 96.

Overall I really like the poses and the fluidity in the motion. Reminds me of the drum-dance scene from House of Flying Daggers.
  • AcTTooN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AcTTooN polycounter lvl 3
    good shot man .. like it.

-but i the main character look like he stop very fast from turning after frame " 43-50 "
    it's need to slow in

-also neck take weird potion most time

-frame " 94 " the right Claw taking a weird pose in camera

-frame " 99 - 104 " the lift Claw need to follow through -- it's look very stiff

----
    the second character need more work specific when it in the air

keep going with a good work.
  • AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Thanks for all the help guys. Here's a new wip shot, coming along slowly.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7lsHt41_NI[/ame]

Edit: Not sure why Youtube cuts off the end frames of the embedded video inconsistently, I'll look into it.
  • AcTTooN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AcTTooN polycounter lvl 3
    Nice, i have nothing to edit in my mind.
    good one.