Home General Discussion

[Beta] Astral Ball

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Zack Maxwell interpolator
I've finally released my first UE4 game on Android.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goCMGSXvfw8[/ame]

You can play it here.

The game relies pretty heavily on particles, because I messed up my hands a while back and can't really work on traditional art effectively until I can recover.
I spent a few hundred dollars putting together a rig of dictation software, pedals, etc. so I could work on it without my hands.
Being able to use Blueprints in UE4 was vital to this as well. Can't really dictate code.

Replies

• Mr.Moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr.Moose polycounter lvl 7
    Just watched the video, The border really drives me nuts. Its very distracting from the game imo.

Whatever thats worth I guess :P
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    The video embed detection looks for the actual youtube address, and not the 'share' version.

Interesting. It reminds me of an updated version of asteroids. It looks a bit cramped, in the video though.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome, thanks. I got the embed working.
    it's getting crazy close to finished. All I have to do is finish figuring out the IAP, since UE4 isn't set up to handle it very effectively.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My game is now fully released and available on the App Store.
    In the end I had to give up on adding IAP. At this point I'm not even certain unreal engine can handle it effectively, but I do know that it would've delayed release for far too long.
    Also, any chance a moderator could remove the beta tag from the title?