Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WiP- Windy Nights

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Row' polycounter lvl 4
Hello Polycount!

I started a little project few weeks ago, using Unity and ShaderForge.

dhA77Rz.png
eoOalCV.png
X7eLiTV.gif

The goal was to create a scene with a spooky ambiance, conveying the kind of feeling you may experience when you are alone at night, reading good old ghost stories in front of a nice fireplace, with the wind howling outside. The "hatching" style is the second main inspiration for this project, as I associate it with old books illustrations and eerie ambiance.
lhhlHWY.gif
61A0ldc.gif

K9iq5NK.png

6iYjpaG.png

The shader took most of my time. I consider it as finished for the moment but I still encounter some problems (due to the "Custom Lighting" setting I think) : the lights flickers in certain places (especially on the floor) and their intensity varies when they get closer to another light. Any feedback to help me improve this shader would be very welcome! :D

mUjfnq8.png

8dmKjH8.png

w69nE0N.png

I made a very quick build if you would like to take a look at the project. Important: You have to press "T" to grab the candle! ^^

Here is the Build

What I plan to do next :

- Fixing the shader's problems
- Tweaking the position of the candle when it's grabbed
- Modelling more props for the living room
- Creating assets for outside of the house
- Baking cookies

This is a side project, so I work on it at a quite low pace ... but I really would like to push it a bit further so stay tuned for more! :) And big big thanks to my pal Pumkin who created the bookshelves! She may strike again and create some more amazing assets for this project!

Replies