Home General Discussion

Finally started learning CG myself...

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ambelamba polycounter lvl 6
Hi.

I am a small-scale retailer from California, working in a middle of a ghetto in Inland Empire area. I studied illustration with a useless BFA, and somehow I decided to jump into studying 3DCG, not necessarily for game assets. Yeah, I guess I am a hobbyist. And I decided to start with Modo because seems like it has the least steep learning curve.

Since I was a lil kid I loved drawing mecha, and now I am trying to draw and design mecha as a serious hobby. And that's why I tried to learn 3D as a supplemental skill. But eventually I got serious and decided to go all the way in a slow pace.

It's been more than two weeks since I started learning Modo. Most of the time I played with Modo a bit and watch tutorial videos from Digital Tutors. Youtube videos have poor sounds and I have trouble listening to them in my store.

Anyway, my immediate goal is to learn how to model and texture in Modo. I am giving myself 5 months to get used to the software and do some practice pieces. Eventually I will have to learn rigging and posing also, and I am planning to learn Zbrush as I study Modo to a certain degree.

I hope everything goes OK. Thanks for reading.

Replies