Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Forest Stage concept

lamb
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
lamb polycounter lvl 7
Hello,

I started working on a isometric mockup for my portfolio. It is supposed to be a boss arena set in a fantasy environment. I tried to come up with mechanics first to point me towards a tighter level design. The statues in the corners have each different abilities and are being revived by the goddess inside the flower at the center of the arena. Bringing a statue to life requires the goddess to open her flower. This is the only time the she is vulnerable. The idea is that the player would have to defeat the statues to force the goddess to open the petals on her flower.

tumblr_nqysi8zlxX1rrc5p8o1_1280.png

I am having a hard time with edge control for the more complex shapes (the statues etc.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Avanthera
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    Hey lamb, This is already looking nice and the mockup of the boss coming out of her flower looks cool. Great colors as well!

The edges look fine on your statues, if you are going for that Bastion look then you can probably stand to have some lost edges inside your shapes, as long as your silhouette is solid.

But if you are going for more of a sharp look, then this guy:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/sephirothart
    Has loads of vids in a more complex and detailed style, with most of it in isometric view as well.

Oh, and I'm assuming the background is temp, but a simple color or color gradient could help rather than the bright grey as it is now.

Keep it up! :)
  • lamb
    Offline / Send Message
    lamb polycounter lvl 7
    Hello Avanthera. Thank you for the youtube channel, the things there are perfect.