Noobs and Character Artists can have their challenge, so do we! However we've decide on keeping it simple and friendly, and instead of making it a challenge, we're making it an Art Jam. A place where Handpainter can exchange technique, critique and tricks.
We welcome any cartoon concept artist that would like to join us too !
Each month we'll provide a thematic , it could be large or it could be stricter. There will be 3 categories: Props, character and environment. You're welcome to enter them all if you want ! You can also enter in the same category more than once. We also encourage tiling texture in the "props category"
- There's no restriction on the software or technique you use. You're a free to use brush and bake map. Our goal here is to get better and share workflow. We won't accept any war between oldschool and newschool and what is handpaint.
- The use of photo is strictly forbidden.
- The use of heavily photobash brush is also forbidden. Remember the goal here is to PAINT.
- The final output should only use diffuse, alpha and glow map. No Normal, spec or bump is allowed on the model itself. However using those map as a base for your painting is allowed.
- This is an Art jam so don't use existing stuff, there's no point in it. Re-using asset is tolerate to a certain point, use your good sense.
- Everything have to be your work, no stealing. Collab are allowed as long as your teammates are part of polycount !
- You have to post WIP of your work, the main goal of this, is to learn, so no final product only.
- We encourage you to post your texture map as well as the model
- If you participate, you have to post at least a critique on someone else work.
Ah summer, this time of the year where you either in a crunch time, away on vacation with your loved one or just too lazy to do anything except laying in a sunchair, so this artjam is going to be double month theme so you have all the time to enter! And our theme will be... The Sea
, Under the sea, Over the sea, On the sea, Near The Sea, Whatever that makes you think of the sea is fine !
This theme is super free you can do mostly anything but here's some example if you find yourself in lack of ideas !
A pirate, a mermaid, a kraken, a fishman, a rich dude on his yacht with his sexy lady, a big dude at the beach, a crab, etc.
Boats, island, beach, coat, etc
a fish net, a trident, an icecream, a beach towel, an umbrella, etc.
Join our Skype
community group by adding me to your skype: LadyOdow . Please mention that you're from polycount or I will not accept you
Check out everything you need to know about color and light on our tips board
Check out final submission on our submission Pinterest Board !
Even if those months are over you can still participate in them !
- March 2015
- April 2015
[ Easter Fantasy, The RPG
- May 2015
[ Space Garden ]
- June 2015
[ The Carnival ]