Home General Discussion

Game name

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
Hi, so been trying to find this game. Its set on Island made of ships and floating stuff its the only place humans have left due to water level rise and you have to fight your way up to actually find a real island that govt is not telling you about.
Core game is multiplayer team fortress style.
Art style is blue and white and plenty of weapon customizations and characters faces are very exagerated long.

oh and this game has a sentry turret at your spawn point to kill spawn campers.

:poly122:

Replies

• mike670
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mike670 polycounter lvl 11
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YEAS!!! THANK YOU!!!!! SO MUCH!!!
  • Moltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moltar polycounter lvl 7
    Brink, man that game was such a fail lol.
  • lefix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lefix polycounter lvl 11
    That Art Style though! I never saw any gameplay but loved the screenshots they showed
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I wished they released an art book.

Titanfall definitely was able to pick up the torch for more challenging movement mechanics in first person shooters.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Moltar wrote: »
    Brink, man that game was such a fail lol.

Brink had no big issues that couldn't have been fixed with a patch or two.
    The mentality was more of a problem, you cant just throw out a multiplayer only shooter and then call the job done, but I guess that was was the publisher planned.
    Team Fortress was a shadow of current self at launch too.
    The only likely unfixable thing was the low texture resolution.

But if people do not even care enough to tell the userbase (or even fix! Its still on!) that the Ambient Occlusion option totally kills framerate even on high end PCs (and half the userbase unknowingly having it turned on) ...
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    I liked Brink a lot, even with all it's problems. And it's art got a lot of shit at the time, which I never understood either.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    Shrike wrote: »
    Brink had no big issues that couldn't have been fixed with a patch or two.
    The mentality was more of a problem, you cant just throw out a multiplayer only shooter and then call the job done, but I guess that was was the publisher planned.
    Team Fortress was a shadow of current self at launch too.
    The only likely unfixable thing was the low texture resolution.

But if people do not even care enough to tell the userbase (or even fix! Its still on!) that the Ambient Occlusion option totally kills framerate even on high end PCs (and half the userbase unknowingly having it turned on) ...

agree...
    I think Brink would have had a huge audience and legacy if it was released with a single player story that was as inventive as it's awesome tableau.
    As it stands. Brink remains one of my favorite gaming experiences.
    ( for an aging gamer that does horribly in multiplayer fps, the bots in Brink that gamers complained about as being to stupid and predictable were forgiving and enjoyable for us senile gamers )

Modern internet nerd rage usually insists it's outrage is a consensus,
    although one must concede there must be enough to be unhappy with for so much angst to exists...
    But in the case of Brink I spose I was to busy enjoying all the creative work by all the obvious talent.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    If you liked Brink, try Dirty Bomb. It's free to play.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK9Im1eP3DI[/ame]
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    O_O uh I just wanted to use it as a reference and game art direction example in my project.
    anyhow I did played this game and actually liked it for its art and a bit of change from Battlefield / COD.