Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Temple Entrance--FF Tactics Advanced inspired

JedTheKrampus
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
I've begun working on a piece based on a lovely bit of concept art from Pavel Elagin. Go check out his site!

temple_ent_diorama_05.jpg

There are a few things that I really like about this concept. The colors are saturated but not overpowering, and in general everything is quite readable and clear even if it's not necessarily super detailed. I was talking with the artist a bit and he said he was inspired by FF Tactics Advanced and FF 12, both of which are games that I've never played, but FF Tactics Advanced has some really beautiful pixel art in it. So one of my goals with this piece is to meet or exceed FFTA and the concept's visual clarity.

Not really sure what I want to render the final shots in yet. I'm not sure if I can get UE4 to render the water plane like I want it to. Anyway, here's a sculpt I've made to help establish the look I want and the techniques I'll be using for the environment as a whole.

kXd1QhL.png

This will be the big chunky piece that's at the front of the bridge on either side. I've also got a blockout of the whole scene put together but it's pretty basic so I will post it when it's a bit further along.

Crits are extremely welcome, and don't hold back! I want to improve.